WIP Theories~

So a lot has been happening recently and I've got a lot of people asking me to help them. Unfortunately, I've been cut off from all caffeine and I have people making sure I actually get at least eight hours of sleep. 

Regardless of the fact it's been a nightmare for me, I've sort of compiled all my notes so far into something that makes sense. Or at least I hope it makes sense. 

Let's get started with Vestils:
We know already that they're celestial beings, and near extinct in their lineage. No matter where I look all of their information was passed down by ancient texts or by mouth. 
Even trying to find Vestils that are still alive is like an impossible task. I have an idea, but it's not exactly the safest...
However, trying to get any information about them beyond this is like trying to get me to stay asleep at night. It rarely ever happens. I'm still going to look but by this rate, I'm going to be 90 by the time I find another mention of them that says something beyond what I already know. 

Next is about Demon deals:
Specifically dealing with what happens if deals are destroyed, changed, or broken.
Destroying a deal, much like breaking a deal, would depend on the strength of the deal and the demon that holds it. It seems most of the time, things go back to the way they were before the deal. So if you brought someone back to life they'd be dead again.
Changing deals, the writing of it at least, all it takes is the contract and a demon of equal power to do so.
Failing to uphold your end of the bargain can result in a pretty terrible fate. If you're lucky it'll be the same as destroying a contract. If you're unlucky you'll become a "Spawn". In Hell, they're like a species lower than an imp. It's been described as a slave with no purpose but to die again, and again. 

The Dripping Lady:
Then we have this lady tormenting everyone around me. I've been in contact with a few people and I've gotten hold of these two writings, one of which is translated from German.

There is a dripping to behold. Beyond the racing rabbits who go for gold. He's bitter through death. A betrayal in a final breath. A dealer. A queen. A betrayer. A lover. A cursed. An innocent. Beware the sound, beware the goad. Some fates are told and can't be controlled. But rest assured a vow he'll uphold.

This is from a book- a collection of stories of people's nightmares. The book is called Sandman Tales by Robert Godwin.
(Translated from German)
Drip, Drop;
There is a dripping to behold.
Mother of child, crowned in gold. 

Drip, Drop;
Her power to be extolled.
Bitter through death, for life it was sold. 

Drip, Drop;
You'll hear the sound when the winds blow cold.
But reborn, he could be ever so bold. 

Drip, Drip;
You'll know it well so beware the goad.
And remember she can't be controlled. 

Drop, Drop;
To destroy a mother, who would dare scold?
So remember, a vow they'll uphold.

I can't quite figure out what it is, but something tells me this book is more important than I know yet. I think if I get the time I'm going to read as much of it as I possibly can. 

Children of Otho:
Known to have come from some descendent of a deity known as Otho (which I guess would be of no surprise). While most live a comfortable life as an accurate weatherman or woman, there are others who are better known for their powers.
I had a hunch about Nostradamus, and I think I might actually be onto something. The man was known for his prophecies, and strange life flitting between different nobles. Some cases have him as a violent man, unable to control himself or falling into easy relief, be it drinking or religion. 
Following that idea, it seems most successful Children of Otho who achieve more are often met with self-destruction. Sometimes they experience violent outbursts or more severe disorders. 

Last Thoughts:
I know this isn't a lot, but I haven't exactly been allowed to work the way I usually do. Oh, there is one other thing I can't get off my head and I wasn't sure where else to put it above: I'll keep on posting when I can!

Comments

Popular Posts